Inspired by sweaters worn on the first Everest expedition, the Dumji Sweater is updated and refined to incorporate today’s fabric technology. Made of extrafine merino wool, nylon, and alpaca, it will keep you warm if it gets wet and will fight odor. It’s everything the early climbers could have dreamed of. A great festival held in the Khumbu area during the month of May or June every year amongst the Sherpa community. Along with serious rituals and dances performed by the monks, the festival is celebrated with dance and drink to honor the anniversery of Guru Rinpoche’s birth on the lotus flower.
- Inspired by sweaters worn on the first Everest expedition
- Merino wool is naturally antimicrobial, odor resistant, naturally wicking, quick to dry and warm for its weight
- Hand wash, do not bleach, dry flat, warm iron
- Center back length: 25.75″
- 65% extrafine merino wool / 30% nylon / 5% alpaca