We’re not claiming these socks will stop crime or save babies, but they’re guaranteed to hold their ground. The Darn Tough Captain Stripe micro crew socks are light and breathable with cushion that adds spring to each step, they are naturally thermo-regulating and stink-fighting Merino Wool socks that will give you that extra push when the going gets tough.
Height: Micro Crew
Pair with: Hiking boots, hiking shoes, trail runners
- Performance Fit: No slipping, no bunching, and no blisters.
- Fine Gauge Knitting: Unprecedented durability and our unique “put it on, forget it’s on” feel.
- Fast Action Wicking: Pulls moisture away from skin. Fast drying.
- All Weather Performance: Cool in the summer, warm in the winter.
- Guaranteed For Life: No strings. No conditions. For life.
- Merino Wool is fast drying, breathable and odor resistant for all-day comfort.
Sustainability – From responsible sourcing practices to livable wages in our communities – Darn Tough Vermont is committed to progressive, positive, growth. Our Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee supports a product we believe will last a lifetime, and very few are needed since they can be worn consecutively due to their lasting comfort, durability and fit.
Style Number: 1976
Cushion in the Hike/Trek category features terry loops under the foot, and in the taller styles reaches above the ankle for comfort and protection.
- Machine wash in warm water on gentle cycle with socks inside-out. Do not bleach. Tumble dry on low or hang dry. Do not dry clean.
- CushionMaterials: 53% Nylon 44% Merino Wool 3% Lycra Spandex
|Sock Size||Shoe Size|
|Men / Unisex||Men US||Women US||EU||UK|
|XS||2.5 – 5||4.5 – 7||35 – 37.5||2.5 – 4.5|
|S||5.5 – 7.5||7.5 – 9.5||38 – 40.5||5 – 7|
|M||8 – 9.5||10 – 11.5||41 – 42.5||7.5 – 9|
|L||10 – 12||12 – 14||43 – 45.5||9.5 – 11.5|
|XL||12.5 – 14.5||—||46 – 49.5||12 – 14|
|XXL||15 – 17||—||50 – 53||15 – 16|
Darn Tough makes one thing, and they make it better than anyone else – ask any thru hiker and you will likely hear the same. In order to unconditionally guarantee a hiking sock for life, it must be durable. It must maintain its comfort, and it has to fit for miles upon miles on-trail. The socks that do get returned through warranty inform how they can be improved. And they do get improved. Their guarantee is a promise to you, but it’s a standard for them. They have yet to produce their best sock, but they get better with every step.